Monday, December 7, 2009

Birth Mother's to two amazing children God could ever give me....

I was out shopping at Khol's, when on my way home I was listening to the radio and there was a women who was talking about her birth mother. She said she was able to make contact with her through a letter. She just wanted to let her birth mother know that she appreciated what she did for her and that she was doing well and was blessed. She asked for the radio station to play Gentle Mary for her birth mother cause of the hard times she had to go through to make the decisions she had to make just like Mary did. So, there I was basically crying at how amazing her story was. There was no anger or hatred towards her birth mother. Even though the birth mother opted not to contact her back at this point she still feels blessed. God is so good and the women knows that what happened was met to be.


The funny thing is that I have been thinking about this subject for a very long time now, the birth parents of both my children. I know there is no way of ever finding them and thanking them for what they did, for the sacrifice they made for their children. I for one would so love to meet them and hug them and tell them thank you. Thank you for giving birth to my beautiful children. For giving me the chance to love their babies and watch them grow. What a sacrifice it had to be for them to decide to give them up. We have from day one told our children that their birth families loved them and the decision to give them up could not have been an easy one for them. So, my kids will come to me and say things like my mommy in China or my mom in Russia when they ask questions about them. It doesn't bother me cause I see these two women as brave, unselfish women who loved their babies very much. I give them so much credit. The love they had for them to know they couldn't take care of their babies. What an heart breaking decision that had to be.


Being an adoptive parent I have a heart for anyone who adopted or might be thinking about it. Even for the parents who have to decide if they can take care of their babies, what to do, they could abort but choose to do the right thing and give people like myself a chance to be a parent. See I am unable to carry a baby and it is heart breaking but in the end of all that pain I went through I would NOT change anything for the world. God made sure things worked out for the better even though I might not had seen that back then but now I know only too well. He had other plans for us. And I am so thankful to God for my children.


A while back I met a woman who had put up her baby for adoption at Khol's. I asked her a question about the size of something and told her that my daughter was tiny cause she was Asian. And she starting asking me questions. Next thing I knew she told me that she had a hard life and became pregnant and she put her baby up for adoption. I was shocked but as we talked more the story was amazing cause of the decision she had to make for her child to have a better life. As you all know I am an emotional person especially when it comes to adoption. I hugged this woman a complete stranger and told her how thankful those adoptive parents must be cause I only know too well how grateful I am. I thanked her on behalf of my children's birth parents. I told her I would never be able to thank them so I thanked her on behalf of all adoptive parents. What a sacrifice she made for the best of her child.

So, I just want to say THANK YOU to my children's birth parents. I love you cause you blessed me with these two beautiful kids. I am so thankful to the birth parent's and just hope and pray that they know that their babies are taken care of and loved unconditionally. I pray God gives them a piece of mind knowing their babies are OK.


I know my blog doesn't get read by too many people and that's OK. Maybe say a quick prayer for all birth parents. Maybe you know of someone who might be thinking of putting their baby up for adoption or know of an birth parent, give them my blog for them to read this. If I can help maybe one person to even understand what an adoptive parent feels maybe that person will have less pain in making a decision.

1 comment:

Sal said...

Great post Billie!!! From your heart! I love you!
Mari