Monday, September 29, 2008

Heavens Gates, Hells Flame

Heavens Gates, Hells Flame was a play that Allie was in, Wednesday night was the last night for it. She invited Gerry and I to go, she was so excited about it and really wanted us to go. To be honest we didn't really think about it until Cyndi called us and asked if we were going to go and if so she would babysit. Well, she asked Gerry again and he told her we would go to have a night out and to see Allie cause she was so excited about the message the play had.

The play was awesome and Allie and the whole cast (which were members of her Church I believe) did a great job. The play really made you stop and think. It was about different scenarios in every one's life, a mother and daughter the daughter goes to Church but the mother (not a bad person) doesn't but she volunteers and does a lot of good but never ask Jesus in her heart well they end up dieing together and the the daughters name is in the book of life and goes to heaven but the mother's name isn't in it and she goes to hell. Father and son driving along and their talking and the son asked the dad about God and the father said they had plenty of time besides mom had enough religion to save them all and there was another family driving coming from Church they had an accident and they all die the family that had all accepted Jesus (family coming from Church) goes to heaven the father and son who said there would be plenty of time ended up in hell. Co workers one saved one not, after talking the one co worker not saved became saved than an accident happened and they died, well the one saved knew where he was going the other man wasn't sure cause he had JUST prayed but because he had just prayed they both go to heaven. The whole play was like this different scenarios that happen in any ones life.

This is where it got really exciting for me. At the end of the play they asked for anyone who wanted to accept the Lord to raise their hands and anyone who had accepted the Lord and wanted to recommit to raise their hands. Than they asked everyone one of them to stand and to my surprise after I had stood Gerry stood (THANK YOU GOD) and asked all of us to come down to the alter and pray the sinners prayer. I am over the moon to say on September 24, 2008 together we were saved as husband and wife. I was in tears and I know Gerry still isn't sure about some things but he took that step and I am so proud of him. God has answered my prayers. I love you Gerry more every day and I am so proud of you. God Bless You!!!!!!!! God is so good.

3 comments:

Mari said...

What a PRAISE!!!

Unknown said...

It is only the beginning of an incredible life ... God's awesome!

the Kidd said...

that is so exciting! I prayed so hard for you guys that night, and was so blessed in return that you even came! I tell you one thing, everyone kept saying how many lives were changed but just being a part of that for me changed my life forever. WHAT A PRAISE!!!! God is good!!!