Sunday, October 12, 2008

Blessed weekend

It is funny how God works. My friend Cyndi put on a conference through her Church at the local Bible College. She invited me to go but to be honest I was thinking of backing out cause my ears (yes again) are all plugged up not one but both ugh and I really can't hear anything. Not sure if it is a blessing or a curse, I would have to say curse. Maybe God is looking for me to listen to Him and that's why they're plugged, lol. Anyways that is another story. Don (Cyndi's husband) called to see if I needed him to drive me there. I guess God knew I needed to hear from someone about going cause he encouraged me to go. I am very glad I did. Cyndi did a really great job putting it together. This is her first time putting something like this together. It was a weekend of learning how important prayer is and just talking to God is. I knew this but have to be the first to say I don't pray like I should. And I honestly don't pray with detail. It was a blessing to be there with all the other ladies and have fellowship and just share with each other. Melony, was one of the speakers and she is a Missionary from Russia. So it was great to talk with her. I am hoping to get together with her at some point and introduce her to Andre and have her look at a little shirt that was given to me in Russia that has writing on it, I was told it is Andre's Russian name.

To top off the weekend today at Church Pastor Daniel spoke on Colossians 4:2-6 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful, And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Pastor Daniel and his family will be moving to Costa Rica and his wife Sarah said this is a verse that helped her to see where God wanted them to be. For me it is God telling me that the conference I went too about prayer and than this morning again about prayer how important it is. How awesome is God.

1 comment:

Mari said...

It is so sweet and amazing when God speaks to us...and reassuring. He's watching and knows what we need and when. What a good love note...He wants to talk to you. To commune with you. Spend time with you...it will always amaze me that He the creator of the universe and all that it holds wants to spend time with me! He longed for us so much He hung on a cross in order for us to have free access to him. Love at its finest...true love. I am blessed by you and your family billie denslinger...I watch with amazement and anticipation to see what God has in store for you. Having seen you grow in your desire to know Him has been and continues to be a true encouragment and blessing. I love you girl...keep pressing in to Him..There is nothing finer to be had!